Monday, May 31, 2010

Noynoy Aquino: Not moving in Malacanang

I have never really been big on the politics in this country. In fact, I don't even follow the news too much because it just depresses me. I guess I have lost hope for a change in our country.

But today I heard that Noynoy Aquino, the front runner in the presidential race is being stubborn in insisting that he will not move to Malacanang once he is proclaimed.

Can I just say that I think Noynoy is such a spoiled brat! Did he not know what he was getting into when he decided to join the race for the country's president? Did nobody remind him that he needs to make several sacrifices if he wins? After all, the presidency is not new to him since his mother was a former president.


He reasons that he just want to treat Malacanang as his office and that he does not want to move there because he will just be reminded of how alone, given how Malacanang (or Arlegui residence for that matter) is too big, he is since he does not have a family that will move in with him.

That is such a petty and selfish reason coming from our would-be president. Did he think that past presidents lived in Malacanang just for the heck of it? Presidents live in Malacanang because the palace offers enough security, it also makes the president accesible at any time. After all, the presidency is not a 9-5 job. I belive that running a country is a 24 hour job. Did he not think about the waste in taxpayers money that staying in his Times st. house will cause? They would have to install additional security, additional communication devices so that the president is always in contact. All of which are already ready at the Malacanang. What about the traffic he and his convoy will cause going to Malacanang everyday? And what about his neighbors? Don't they have a say on this too since the peace and quiet in their own houses will also be affected?

All that this tells me is that Noynoy is only thinking about himself, of staying in his comfort zone. This is such a very simple matter that should have been a non-issue. If he continues to be stubborn like this, what about other, bigger issues that he needs to decide on for the country?

What does this say about you Mr. Aquino?

And don't even get me started about his smoking habits...

Note: I am not anti-Noynoy. He is actually in my top 2 choices for the presidency. I am just stating my observations about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment