Friday, August 13, 2004

MENTOS Cool chews (the green one)

Have you ever tasted these small candies? It’s supposed to be breath fresheners and you are supposed to take one after a meal or if you are just really hungry. For an average person, one box of this kind of mentos should last for two – three weeks. But you see I was addicted to them. I consumed about two to three boxes of it in a week. And that’s just me, when I share it with my friends a box could last me for just a day.

I was at the grocery with my mom before and the first thing that I usually grab is a pack of these candies. My mom used to ask me why I liked it so much and couldn’t seem to get enough of it. I would just shrug and say nothing. Of course I couldn’t tell her the real reason why I like the candies so much, it would just lead to more questions. You see the reason why I like it is because it reminds me of him. Of how whenever he would go to the groceries he would always buy mentos. I was not that addicted to it at that time but I liked it already. He would buy it for me because he knew that I liked it. Back then I never bought a single box of mentos because he would always have some for me. But when he left I started craving for the candies. He was gone so I had to buy some myself. Then after a while I realized that I was already addicted to it. Much like I was addicted to him before. Heck, I probably am still addicted to him considering that I dream of him every night.

I have started to decrease my intake of the candies because although I like to be reminded of him I know that thinking about him is not doing me any good. I think aversion therapy is gonna do the trick. If I do not see the candies then I get used to not popping one all the time. And then I won’t crave for it anymore. How I wish that getting over him is also that easy. I do not even have to avoid him because there is nothing to avoid. This should be easy…but why am I having such a hard time?

No comments:

Post a Comment