Thursday, June 10, 2004

How do you really define love? How can you say that you have really fallen in love?

Whenever my friends and I would talk about our respective love lives or just philosophize about love I would always ask this question. I have been asked this question several times and I have never been able to supply a decent answer. I would always just shrug or change the subject. This is why I ask the questions a lot, hoping that someone can provide me the answer. I remember asking it to Jaja once, and she said that she believes that until she has found the right person for her she would not know how to define love.

Up to now I cannot still answer the question, does this mean that I have never really truly loved yet? I have had relationships before and I always cry when a relationship ends. There comes the sad phase which usually lasts for a month or so. After crying it out, I move on. A friend keeps telling me that I move on so easily. He says that I do not give my all when I love because of how easily I seem to move on. But I do not think that the length of time it takes for you to move on do not determine how much you loved or if you have loved at all. I alone could say that I have truly loved.

I may not be able to explain what love is. I may not be able to define and describe love. But I believe that love is too complex to be explained. You do not try to define love. You just feel and experience it.

-------------------------------------

Your Eyes
from Rent the musical

Your eyes
As we said our goodbyes
Can't get them out of my mind
And I find I can't hide
From your eyes
The ones that took me by surprise
The night you came into my life
Where there's moonlight I see your eyes
How'd I let you slip away
When I'm longing so to hold you
Now I'd die for one more day
'Cause there's something I should have told you
Yes there's something I should have told you
When I looked into your eyes
Why does distance make us wise?
You were the song all along
And before this song dies
I should tell you I should tell you
I have always loved you
You can see it in my eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment